Department: Web Development
Reports to: Team Lead DevOps
ACD Systems develops and markets digital imaging and technical illustration software for a worldwide audience. As a successful player in these rapidly expanding markets, ACD Systems is currently seeking applications for the position of Web Developer.
We are seeking an IT professional with a strong appreciation of Web site development and deployment, who is regarded as a strong team player. The primary duty and responsibility of this position will be to support our web presence and computer systems that exist on both internal infrastructure and the Cloud.
This position requires varied experience with the full web framework stack, from the front-end UI optimization and refinement to data manipulation from API calls. It also requires excellent communication and analytical skills to work with internal customers and other members of the Business Systems team to provision, assemble, configure, and maintain systems and servers.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Service-based attitude with strong attention to detail and corporate standards
- Experience with building and maintaining Microsoft and Unix-based desktops and servers
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Samba, LDAP, Cisco, Active Directory
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or diploma and equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of Web Technology experience (PHP, CSS, NodeJS), LAMP stack
- 1+ years of experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Experience interacting with Restful services and APIs
- Comfortable in both Microsoft, OS X, and Unix environments
- Experience with AWS services and Linux based servers
- Experience using version control software such as Git or Subversion
- Personal coding projects/open source contributions a plus
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Analytical Thinking: Tackle problems by using a logical and systematic approach.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Results Orientation: Focus on the desired result, setting challenging goals, and always looking to meet or exceed them.
- Delivery: Strive to deliver projects on time with minimal supervision and maximum attention to detail.
Thank you to all who apply but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Position Title in the Subject Line.